Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mom Hair?

When I was a young girl, I wished my mom had long hair.  Long hair that I could braid, curl, barret, ponytail, the works.  My mom had a short hair cut though that made these games difficult (though not impossible).  Now that I'm a mom I totally get the short haircut, and have been tempted on a number of occasions to chop my own.

She was smart having that short hair! Not only is it easier to manage, and cooler in the summer... when the kids "do" my hair - ouch!

Sweet Pea did my hair a couple weeks ago, and even though she's nearing nine years old now she doesn't quite have the finess of fixing someone elses hair gently.  I spent much of my livingroom hair appointment cringing and hoping most of my hair would still be connected to my scalp by the end of it!

After plenty of pain, and a whole lot of fun on Sweet Pea's behalf... and  I think 17 barrets later...




Related Posts with Thumbnails