Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sound of Music Fatigue

Oh the fatigue is great.  Since starting rehearsals for The Sound of Music early in June, most nights I haven't left the theater until sometime after 10:30.  Now, anyone who knows me personally knows I rarely make it to bed before 11:00 anyways (usually more like midnight), but when you get home at 11:00 and you still have stuff to do to get ready for daycare the next day it takes its toll on you!  Why not get those things done before you leave for rehearsal you ask?  My cast-mate Sandi and I were put in charge of managing the set painting, which meant as soon as my daycare kids were gone I was flying down to the high school to contribute as much as I could.  Get stuff done during daycare??  There's only so much you can do with 6 young children in the house. 

The housework has suffered, dinners have suffered, I've eaten cookies for breakfast, lunch, and snack a few days now, and eaten more fast food than I have in the last year, and my goal every night is to make the kitchen not stink before I get to bed so I can run another load of dishes in the morning, but the play is going great!  So I thought I'd show you a little of what I've been working on!

This is the main set for the Von Trapp living room, I took it from the wings so you can't see the other furniture which is placed downstage from here.

This is the outside of the Von Trapp home.  What you can't see downstage from this is a "marble" bench, and a patio table and chairs.

And here are all of the nuns in the play, I'm the third nun in the back row :o)

I've been craving the opportunity to learn music and script, choreography, rehearse, perform, and party with people who enjoy those same things as well.  I've been craving it for almost 10 years, and it is feeling so good to do this for myself! 

Spencer has been wonderful and making sure to be home at 5 every night so I can fly out the door and come home 6 hours later, taking care of the kids, doing all the bedtimes and a lot of the dinner times, and forgoing his own evenings out so that I can work on this play.  Thank you honey!

We have 4 performances left, then set strike, and then I'm done.  I'm looking forward to sleeping again some day soon, but I'll be sad when it's all over.  We have performances tonight through sunday night.  info at erct.org !

enjoy this local newspaper article about the play, photos were taken a few days before we opened.

and some photos taken for the paper, some are very silly.
Related Posts with Thumbnails