Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Coffee Impatience

Today I needed a coffee, well I always need a coffee, but today I needed a Caribou coffee. 

Not just any Caribou coffee, but a white pumpkin mocha.... yum!

There was just one little thing standing in my way... I was home alone with 4 kids.  I didn't let this stand in my way for long though!

I called parents and checked travel permission forms, loaded up the kids in the car, and drove to the Caribou near my house.

That first sip is always the best, unless you take it too soon and you burn your tongue, which is what happened to me today.... I can be darned impatient when it comes to coffee.

One example of this coffee-related impatience:  Back when Little Man was a baby and was drinking formula bottles, I poured myself a cup of coffee.  Usually I pour a little milk in it to make it a touch creamy and cool it down so I can drink it, but this particular morning we were out of milk.  Option two is water from the Britta filter, but of course it was empty and would take a few minutes to filter some fresh water. 

Then I saw Little Man's pre-made bottle sitting on the top shelf of the fridge.

Just an ounce or so would cool it off enough to drink it right away!

I was very tempted to pour a little in my coffee so could drink it right away.  That's what the coffee addiction was telling me to do anyway!

Luckily I quickly regained my senses and left his bottle of formula alone, knowing that it would certainly make my coffee gross and totally ruin my morning.  A few minutes later I took a sip of hot black coffee, burned my tongue a tiny bit, and felt relieved to have made the right decision.

The moral of the story: If you are lucky enough to have a Caribou nearby try the white pumpkin mocha, don't drink it right away or you'll burn your tongue, and always make sure there is milk in the fridge or water in the filter before you go to bed at night.
Related Posts with Thumbnails