Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Tragic Jinx

You know how you mention how bad something would be if it happened? Or how lucky you've been that something hasn't happened?  And then it happens, like, the next day?

Happened!! :P

Yesterday I was chatting with one of my daycare moms about how I panic when I set the coffee pot up the night before using the very last of my ground coffee... only to wake in the morning to coffee overflowed and a mess everywhere because I didn't put the carafe in all the way.  Nothing like starting your morning with the only coffee in the house splattered all over the counter and floor, and full of coffee grounds (if it weren't for the coffee grounds everywhere I might have started licking the counter).

Well, this morning when I started my coffee pot (after I warmed up a cup of coffee from the day before... because I'm kind of a freak when it comes to my morning brew) it only brewed half of the water in the reservoir.  The good news was that I at least got a few cups of coffee out of it.  The terrible news was I would need to now buy yet another coffee pot by the end of the day.  This is terrible because coffee pots only seem to last me about a year before I kill them from what I am guessing is overuse.  And I'm not buying the super cheap ones, typically in the $40 range.

My only options for tonight were to run to the gas station and buy 2 very large cups of coffee to reheat in the morning, or get to Target to buy a new pot before they closed for the night, so I raced to Target after our Sleeping Beauty performance and picked myself up a new pot.

I got a Black and Decker 8-cup thermal programmable coffee maker.... with a very much needed 2-year warranty built in!
Black and Decker DE790B 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffeemaker

I know what you're thinking... only 8 cups? how is she going to live off of only 8 cups of coffee per day?  I'm not entirely sure but if I have to brew a small pot of coffee around dinner time then that's just what I'll have to do.

I also bought some hair color, shoes for Izzy, and baby food for the daycare babies, and headed out to my car.  I was partway into the parking lot when I realized that I probably looked like a complete douche lugging my ONE box, ONE target bag, and ONE purse out to my minivan in a cart at 10:00 at night... into a parking lot that had already been completely cleared of carts.   Creature of habit maybe?

So just in case the poor guy who has to run around and get the carts was cursing me out from the store window, I tried to save face.  I put my cart just on the edge of the cart thingy and made a big to-do about getting my "bulky" purchases and purse from my cart into my van (which was in the spot immediately to the right of the cart thing). 

I figured if he saw me struggling with my one bag, one box, and one purse he'd understand why I felt the need to take a cart with me.

Little does he know I carry/adjust 2 6-ish month old babies around all the time. 

What he doesn't know won't hurt him right?
Related Posts with Thumbnails