Friday, September 2, 2011

The End of an Era

I feel the need to blog about today, but it's hard.  It's a very bitter-sweet day at my daycare, as 3 of my little punkinheads are moving on.  Both families I've had for over two years, and it's hard to see them go!  The 5-year-old is leaving because he's about to start all day/every day kindergarten, and the 2 year old and 10 month old are leaving to be home with their now stay-at-home-mom.

We're having a lot of fun around here today, to celebrate their new adventures, but also to distract me from what is happening.  Denial can be healthy right??

While I am looking forward to a slower pace around here for a little bit, I get really sad when I think about the fact that when I open my doors Wednesday morning those familiar little faces won't walk in.

My daycare kids live and play in our family living space, which only adds to the feeling of them being part of the family.  Three members of the family are leaving this afternoon, it's the end of an era, and I'm trying not to think too much about it until  they are gone.  Then I can have a good cry, hopefully pick myself up by my bootstraps, and move on to the next era.

It's been a great run kiddos, I love you so much, and will miss you!
Related Posts with Thumbnails