Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Crafts and More

In daycare last week the theme was May Flowers and Gardens, and of course Mom.  We made butterfly crafts, flower crafts, talked about gardening, seeds, started growing some carrot seeds (which we have been unable to get in an actual garden yet since it's been so dang cold!), played new math games and math enrichment sheets, sang a lot of "Baby Bumblebee", and so much more!!  I really want to get better at taking pictures of the kids art work and enrichments to show you!

Last week we made our Mother's Day gifts!  The kids decorated cute metal buckets with ribbons, filled them with rice or birdseed, and then made cute purple flower bouquets out of construction paper or cardstock, and stuck ladybug stickers to them!  The preschool kids are little so their flowers are very freeform.  They worked so hard on them and I was so proud of their work!



And these are my Mother's Day presents!  Babydoll and Sweet Pea made me flower bouquet crafts, and then while SP was away on her very first sleep-over with one of my daycare kids, her very sweet mom helped Sweet Pea pick out a bouquet of gerber daisies for me!  The lilacs border 3 sides of our property, and I love having cut lilacs in the house while they're still blooming!


Another thing I had the kids fill out was a worksheet about their mom.  I have included a link to google documents so you can steal it and use it next year.  There's a space for them to draw a picture of mom, and then questions about mom that they dictate their answers to you, or fill out on their own depending on skill level.  Beware, it can be a really sweet project to receive... but also a little embarrassing.... just beware :o)
Mom worksheet
I'm having some google docs problems so if the link isn't working please let me know so I can try to fix that!

I'm going to leave you today with a couple pictures!  Like I said before, SP went on her first sleep over! she talked of little else in the week leading up to it and was so excited!  She wanted to bring some toys with her, which is why she has an extra bag.  She had a great time and came home extremely tired!  It took a couple days for her to get back to normal again, but I think it was worth it!

And here's Babydoll dressed up as a "Sailor-bot" (I have no idea!)


4 comments:

Prairie Mother said...

Cute flower pot idea! I'll have to try that one. Love the new blog look too :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics.

Anonymous said...

Great pics.

Abby @ I Used To Have A Brain said...

this is a test comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails