Friday, January 14, 2011

Open the Door

Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.  So be earnest, and repent.  Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.


I am attending a women's conference called, "Inspire for Life" this weekend at a church in my town.  Friday night was a two-hour introduction of sorts.  It's hard to explain what was discussed so much as what was felt.  Tonight's purpose, to me anyway, seemed to be to open our hearts so that we could be free to learn and hear whatever we were called to the conference to hear. 

Various bible verses were mentioned, and when I got home I started paging through my bible to find them and read them over myself.  On my way to a verse in the book of Revelation I came across a verse that I had underlined sometime in the last 10 - 12 years I've had this particular bible.  It's the verse you see above.  I obviously underlined it so that I could find it again and read it at some other point. 

The Lord constantly knocks on my door.  Sometimes I answer it, sometimes I chose to ignore the knock, sometimes by ignoring the knock at the door I find myself getting knocked directly on my head... Hey! Pay attention, I'm trying to talk to you.  This weekend while I'm at this conference, I have opened the door and am looking forward to "eating" with the Lord.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it is that He wants me to take from this, and what He will put in my heart. 

How amazing is it that all we have to do is open the door.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a powerful thing. I hope you have an awesome and fulfilling time of it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails