Monday, March 15, 2010

Little Man's Birthday Party

So Little Man turned ONE and the world didn't end, imagine that!  The build up to his birthday made me a little sad, but the actual day was very happy and we enjoyed celebrating his big day!  We had a morning birthday party with breakfast food, coffee and orange juice.  Normally I plan birthday parties in the afternoon, but that afternoon was the BIG St. Patricks day parade and festivities up at our families cabin.

It all started the night before.  After putting Babydoll and Little Man to bed at 7:00, I got started on making the icing for his cake.  My good friend Jeni taught me how to make the icing and gave me some tips on decorating a cake.  Her buttercream frosting recipes are here.    I spent a few hours making the icing and decorating his cake.  Here's the final product! His name has been taken out of the picture.


After the cake was done it was time to prepare the egg bake.  Once that was all said and done I was completely wiped out!  I cleaned up as much as I could and went to bed, planning to finish up in the morning.  When Spencer and I woke up at 7:10 in the morning we got to work cleaning and decorating.  20 minutes later I knew I wasn't going to get it all done before the party started at 9:00 so I called my mom for some help!  Thanks to my hard working crew of my mom, kids, and Spencer, we managed to get it done (mostly) in time for the party! 

After the family had arrived we ate while Little Man finished his morning nap, then he woke up and ate while we visited.  Finally it was time for presents!  He got lots of fun toys, and new clothes.  We all enjoyed watching him open his presents, he got really excited about a train that made all sorts of fun noises.  I think he really enjoyed having the spotlight for a while, as he's usually competing with two older sisters who tend to hog it :o)




And then it was time for cake, by far the best part of First Birthdays! 

We sang Happy Birthday, helped him blow out the candle, and cut him a great big piece of yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting to dig into!


Before...


After...





Happy Birthday Little Man!!  Here's hoping your second year is even more wonderful than your first!

Related Posts with Thumbnails