Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back Over the Last 10 Years

   Looking back on the last 10 years is almost too exhasting to think about.  I went from an immature (though I didn't know at the time) highschool senior pining after the wrong boys and figuring out who my true friends were, to an almost 28 year old wife and mother of 3 children and 3 angels in heaven.  I've gone from making toast and macaroni and cheese to cooking regular meals that my family can actually eat and enjoy!  From worrying if I'll have a date for prom to worrying if my husband's blood sugar will stay right while he's at work.  From complaining about chores to, well, complaining about chores (so not everything changes).  I've gone from singing in awesome choir groups with awesome people, to singing with my kids in the living room and my mini-van... they're awesome people too!  Gone from deciding which college to go to and what major to focus on, to a college degree and a business of my own.  I've gone from letting the family dog out and helping feed him occasionally, to raising 3 children and helping raise 4 other children.  I used to act in plays and musicals, now I act out movies and stories with the kids (though I'm almost always the bad guy, rarely do I get to be the protagonist of the story).  I thought I would get my degree and be a paralegal, (one law class wiped that idea out!) but was much happier getting a degree in Early Childhood Education.  I used to stuff all my stuff into a bedroom in my parents house, now I stuff a lot of peoples stuff into a house of our own.

   This really makes me wonder what I'll have to say in retrospect in the year 2020 when my first born child will be entering HER senior year of highschool!  Whever the next ten years bring, I hope God blesses them with health and happiness! 
Related Posts with Thumbnails