Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My non-cooking-blog cooking-blog

   This post will not be about organizing, I just want to show you really quick the bins I bought at Target last night for just $3.50 a piece.  They are not at all pretty, but they will hold stuff!
They each hold 18 gallons of stuff!

I like cooking blogs, I love when they give step-by-step picture tutorials.  It really helps me to be able to see what the food is supposed to look like (How big is a medium onion? How golden brown are we talkin'? What's it supposed to look like when I finish mixing it?)  They are very educational, have great recipes, and inspire me to cook!  This is NOT one of those blogs!  I'm not a great cook, don't know what I'm doing half the time, if I don't have a recipe then I'm lost, and don't particularly like to cook... but my family would be hungry if I didn't, so I do.  If I had a blog with tabs for different sections, I might have a section called, "my non-cooking-blog cooking-blog."  In it I might put something like what I'm making for dinner tonight.
   I have some frozen chicken breasts in the freezer, orange marmalade, a little bit of orange juice left, and some white grape juice that no one liked because it was a little bitter for my kids' taste.  Not having any idea what I was making for dinner I thought I'd make something up!  First I put some frozen chicken breasts in a baking pan and topped them with a big dollop of orange marmalade.

Then I poured some orange juice on top and around
This is No Pulp, we prefer to drink Lots of Pulp, so this lasted longer than it usually does.

Here's what it looks like so far
Hey this almost looks like a cooking blog! but it's NOT!

Then just because, I poured a little white grape juice in the bottom of the pan, don't know why, I just did.

   I plan to bake the chicken for about 35 minutes at 375 degrees as per the chicken's instructions.  The only problem is that the pan of frozen chicken is in the fridge marinating (I guess) so it'll be not so frozen by the time I cook it tonight.

   I'll take a picture of it when it's done and let you know what we thought about it tonight!  I'm sure it'll be edible, I just hope it tastes good!  If it's bad, we'll have to have hotdogs again tonight.  Stay tuned!
Related Posts with Thumbnails