Thursday, January 28, 2010

My throat is crying

   I don't have anything fun to talk about today, just strep.  Sunday night I had a fever, felt better monday morning but as the day went on I was feeling worse.  By tuesday my throat was sore and swollen so that night I went to the minute clinic and got checked for strep throat.  I figured they'd give me the typical, "it's just an upper respiratory virus, get lots of rest and fluids and you'll feel better soon" but instead I got, "your strep test came positive right away."  Bummer.  When I got up to go the bathroom that night at 4 AM my throat felt majorly swollen so I took a peek in the mirror.  Open up and say AAHHHH.  Wowzah! my tonsils were like tennis balls, and my uvula (courage hangy ball to all of you who grew up watching Full House) was so swollen and long that it either layed on my tongue or I had to swallow it.  Yucky.  So I've spent the day mostly on the couch eating ice cream, antibiotics, and ibuprofen while Spencer took care of me and the kids.  He went to a nearby cafe and brought us soup, and 2 blizzards from Dairy Queen.  I ate one blizzard for lunch and another for dinner :o)  I wish I could eat like that more often!... without being sick of course.  Spence got a couple of pizzas for him and the girls and it smelled incredible... I think I'll have a piece of cold pizza soon here, cold because anything warm makes my throat cry out in pain.  Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll feel great, my throat will settle down, my courage-hangy-ball will be exactly where it's supposed to be, and I can finally get on with my life, because I'm getting my haircut tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it!
Here is me and Spencer at a wedding he was in

1 comments:

Jeni said...

That's a great pic of you two! I'm so sorry you are sick. It sounds terrible. Can't wait to see you hair. Joy does such an amazing job!!!!!! It's gonna be great :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails